Editorial Assistant (Paid Internship)
- Location Westerham
- Salary Negotiable
- Posted Date 05-03-2018
- Expires 05-04-2018
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in medical communications, providing the opportunity to work with a busy editorial team and develop a solid foundation of relevant editorial skills.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the editorial team with administrative and basic editorial tasks across a range of deliverables
- Help maintain internal quality standards by conducting scientific fact-checking and marking-up references; highlighting any potential discrepancies for attention by senior members of the team
- Conduct slide templating and PowerPoint redraws
- Identify source materials though scientific literature and other searches
- Apply for copyright permissions
- Assess timelines and schedule requests for assistance, working with guidance from senior members of the editorial team to manage your workload effectively
- Gain experience working in the medical communications industry first hand
Experience and Qualifications Required:
You must have a solid scientific background (BSc essential; MSc or PhD desirable), excellent attention to detail, and be confident using PowerPoint, Word, and basic Excel.